Monday 24 October 2011

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy



Just got back from the late showing of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy at my local cineworld tonight. After hearing such great news about the film I went in with great expectations. This was further increased by the all star British cast of Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy and John Hurt.

However I think I may of set these expectations to high as the film went along its way. Whilst however there was nothing majorly wrong with the film and there were some fine performance and excellent screenplay throughout there was that little something missing from the film that extra ooomph as some may call it.

This may be just because I was expecting to much but I felt dissapointed with this film and had predicted the mole from early on in the film from purely the process of elimination. However the film did have an extremely well crafted feel and an extremely good finish to the film.

However this is a case of a film that doesn't put a step wrong but doesn't have that little bit extra of required edge to be one of those top films remembered for years.

Overall this was an ejoyable film but not as great as many reviews have made it seem definitely not in the standard of a classic more an enjoyable well thought out tense drama which whilst enjoyable in a few months time I'll remember little about. This leads me to give this an overall rating of 7/10 for this personal and tense British drama.

Please give feedback thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment